Bluegrass Commons Grand Opening a Huge Success in Owensboro
Thank you to everyone who came out to the Bluegrass Commons Grand Opening Event in Owensboro! Attendees enjoyed touring both Model Homes in the community – one in The Legends at Bluegrass Commons, a 3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-story home featuring our Cumberland Craftsman plan, and one in The Acoustics at Bluegrass Commons, a 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath, single-family attached home featuring our Mandolin plan. Guests also enjoyed live Bluegrass music from Anna Blanton & Friends, sponsored by our preferred lender, FBC Mortgage, and delicious food and beverages as they mingled with colleagues and toured the homes.
We gave away two $250 Visa gift cards to lucky winners, and OMU Fibernet gave away a generous door prize basket, while Atmos Energy gave away another two $125 Visa gift cards! Thank you to OMU Fibernet and Atmos Energy for sponsoring this event!
Bluegrass Commons is a community on Owensboro’s Southwest side that celebrates the city’s legendary status as the home of Bluegrass Music! It is divided into three sections, The Legends, The Ballads, and The Acoustics, all which feature scenic views, lush landscaping, lakes and walking trails. The Legends and The Ballads showcase single family detached homes on 60′ and 50′ wide home sites, respectively. The Acoustics features single-family attached homes, which are brand new floor plans. Home owners in The Acoustics will enjoy an Exclusive Clubhouse, and the Home Owners Association will also provide regular lawn maintenance to each resident!
We have already closed two brand new homes, and have sold an additional six home sites in The Legends at Bluegrass Commons, and currently have two Move-In Ready homes under construction that will be available in December/January. We have sold two home sites in The Ballads at Bluegrass Commons, and are currently building two Move-In Ready homes that will be available in December/January. We have sold three of our single-family attached homes in The Acoustics at Bluegrass Commons, and currently have one Move-In Ready home available for its new owner now, and two more Move-In Ready homes that will be available in March/April, all with lake views and easy access to the Clubhouse!
Contact your Jagoe New Home Sales Consultant today to Take a Tour of Bluegrass Commons!
Bring Extra Cheer to Your Home this Holiday Season with Amelia’s Help
There are so many different ways to spread cheer and happiness during the holidays! Many people have already decked their halls for the season, so what are you waiting for? Amelia Laster, our Design and Merchandising Manager, has some great, simple, inexpensive tips to spruce up your Jagoe Home.
Even if you’re not throwing the dinner party of the year, you can really bring some life to your table with a few accents. Lush garland, wood chargers and silver candle holders make a simple and sophisticated touch. You can go a step further by adding a festival table runner or glass figurine embellishments, like these acrylic trees from Hobby Lobby.
Make white your base.
There’s no need to muck-up the clean, sleek look of your home, or slop on some green and red with your color scheme. A little fake snow makes for a perfect winter wonderland without ruining your home’s interior design. Bold pops of red can make a white canvas extra cheery! Buffalo check is one of Amelia’s favorite patterns to incorporate, which comes in red & black, as well as black & tan, if red is too bold for your taste. This also makes the perfect gift wrap!
If you really are in the spirit… don’t reserve your best holiday decor for only the main living areas. Amelia loves to decorate her kid’s rooms with their own “special” trees. Walmart carries a wide array of affordable, artificial trees that come in all sorts of colors! Also, entry ways can make a huge welcome statement. Put your family and guests in the giving mood as soon as they walk through the door with evergreen clippings, pine cones and a cozy blanket.
Opt in for modern ornaments.
We know your favorites are always going to be your mother’s old-fashioned, paper ornaments. Give your tree a fun, minimalist twist with geometric gold ornaments, like these at Target. Amelia also loves to incorporate something that sparkles in the middle of the tree. It really pops off the lights from within and makes the tree sparkle more!
Take inspiration from nature for your decorating scheme. Fresh evergreen boughs, garlands and wreaths combined with in-season citrus like lemons, tangerines and oranges can give your home a beautiful, natural look. Or, go look around in your backyard to see what pine cones or tree clippings you can find. Decorating pine cones can be a fun activity for your family – all that you need is glitter and spray paint!
Stage a holiday “shelfie.”
Shelves constantly beg for an update and a change. They are the perfect holiday vignette that you can easily organize with seasonal cheer. Mix in bowls of ornaments, tabletop trees (like the aforementioned acrylic trees) and other holiday accents like holly sprigs.
Add sparkle to unexpected places.
Deviate from the normal, traditional outdoor lighting, but only if Mr. Griswold will let you! Try draping them around trellis, birdbaths and other unique landscaping fixtures to illuminate your yard during the holidays. Added bonus – if you really, really like them, you can keep them around during the warmer months for more intimate outdoor lighting.
For more tips from Amelia, join our Design Owensboro Group and follow our Pinterest Page!
Jagoe Introduces New Home Plans to Bowling Green Market
We’ve seen a growing demand for new home plans, especially in the Bowling Green market! Jagoe Homes welcomes you to view our newest plans: the Spruce Craftsman, Declaration Craftsman, Declaration Farmhouse, National Farmhouse, Revolution Craftsman and Revolution Farmhouse!
New Floorplans added to the Bowling Green Market:
Spruce Craftsman: 3 or 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 1934 Sq. Ft
Our Spruce plan, is a well-designed ranch that allows for comfortable living. The open arrangement of the family room with fireplace, kitchen with island, and spacious dining area is great for everyday living and entertaining guests. The private Owner’s Suite includes a huge walk-in closet and bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. Nice size secondary bedrooms feature walk-in closets and are conveniently located near the secondary bath. You will also enjoy the welcoming foyer, family entry, and separate laundry room. This home is an ideal fit for many families offering upgraded options to personalize your home. Select from a spacious 4th bedroom, laundry room options, a large pantry, a beverage center, additional storage, and/or a deluxe owner’s bath.
Declaration Craftsman: 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 2410 Sq. Ft
Declaration Farmhouse: 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 2140 Sq. Ft
The Declaration plan showcases comfortable living that your family will truly enjoy. This open concept floor plan is ideal for relaxing with and entertaining family and friends. The open space includes a sizable family room, dining area and kitchen with generous island and optional butler’s pantry, all with an abundance of natural and recessed lighting. A flex space located off the foyer can be used as a formal dining room or office. Additionally, a family entry with optional drop zone bench, large coat/storage closet and powder room is located off the garage. The staircase to the second floor is centrally located near the main living area and leads you to the Owner’s Suite with private bath and sizeable walk-in closet. Three secondary bedrooms, all with plenty of storage, a secondary full bath, and a conveniently located laundry room complete the interior of this home.
National Farmhouse: 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 2619 Sq. Ft
Farmhouse style meets modern design in this brand new, stunning National Farmhouse Elevation! The simple, two-story gable roof with farmhouse style bracketed awning highlights the front entry and showcases traditional farmhouse style board and batten with modern stone pier detail. The classic American farmhouse two over two windows and vintage barn lights over the garage bring wonderful style to the exterior of this home. This first-floor features 9′ ceilings and an open concept design, with an abundance of natural and recessed lighting. The gorgeous kitchen features a large island with plenty of cabinet space, large every day dining area, and a conveniently located patio off the kitchen for outdoor entertainment. The spacious, main floor owner’s suite includes a private bath with options to personalize the space and a nice size walk-in closet. A powder room, coat closet and spacious laundry room complete the first floor. Upstairs is a huge loft, great for entertaining your family and friends. Three additional bedrooms, all with walk-in closets, a roomy second bathroom with large linen closet, and a nice size storage area completes the second level. This Energy Smart home will check off all the boxes on your list!
Revolution Craftsman: 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 2791 Sq. Ft
Revolution Farmhouse: 4 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, 2-Car Garage, 2780 Sq. Ft
The Revolution is a well-designed 2-story plan that not only provides comfortable, stylish living but meets the needs of many different types of families. After stepping into the front door, an inviting foyer welcomes you, and opens to the formal dining room which is great for family dinners or entertaining guests. The large family room is open to the spacious kitchen and every day dining area, all with a great deal of natural and recessed lighting. The kitchen arrangement offers plenty of cabinet space, an island, a walk-in pantry and an option to choose a butler’s pantry. A private office is located on the main floor near the family entry which includes a coat closet and powder room. The conveniently located stairs lead you to the second level of the home which features a family-friendly loft, a large storage closet, three spacious secondary bedrooms, a separate laundry room, and an owner’s suite. The owner’s suite highlights a private bath and spacious walk-in closet with options to personalize the owner’s bath.
New Home Plans will also be available in our Magnolia Hills community – Coming Soon! Sign up for the VIP List for priority updates.
Need help financing your home? Contact our preferred lender, FBC Mortgage!
Get the Most Out of Your Energy Smart Jagoe Home
What can you do to make your home more energy efficient? Building a new Energy Smart Jagoe Home is your first step to saving money and reducing your green footprint. Here are 10 simple ways to make the most out of your Energy Smart home and score Low-Cost Savings:
- Lower your Thermostat: When you are away from your home, make sure that you drop the temperature 3-5 degrees. This will ultimately reduce your monthly utility bill because you are using less energy. According to Energy.gov, lowering your thermostat by 10 to 15 degrees during the work day will save 5% to 15% every year.
- Make the Most of Your Low-E Windows: You brand new home’s windows are already sealed from air leaks. Low-E glass Sun Windows are installed in every Jagoe Home to keep the heat inside in the winter, and block heat from getting inside in the summer with the use of Argon gas, use of non-metal spacer, “virgin vinyl” and four-corner welding. Close your blinds in the summer, and open them in the winter to let the sunshine in and get the most out of your new Sun Windows!
- Turn Off Unnecessary Water: According the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the average homeowner can save about $170 a year with small changes to their water usage. Be conscious of running water while brushing your teeth or shaving. Also, bathing typically uses 75 gallons of water compared to a shower that uses about 17.2 gallons on average. You also should avoid running half-loads of laundry in your washer. A full load means more clothes get washed at once, which in turn conserves water and money.
- Don’t Wash Your Clothes in Hot Water: If possible, wash your clothes in cold or warm water.
- Buy Energy Star Products: Jagoe Homes are all built with Energy Star products, such as refrigerators, range ovens, washers and air conditioners, that all meet energy efficient specifications set by the EPA. Energy Star qualified appliances use 10-50% less energy than standard appliances and help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Keep Up With Your Filters: Clean or replace all filters in your home regularly. Dirty filters make your system work harder and run longer than necessary.
- Limit Space Heater Use: Although electric and gas space heaters keep your feet nice and toasty in cooler weather, they aren’t the most efficient way to heat your home. Many space heaters use 1,500 watts of energy to run and are considered to be a costly way to drain your energy bill.
- Unplug Unused Chargers: Cell phone and battery chargers that are plugged in but not in use are often referred to as energy vampires. According to Energy.gov, the average charger consumes 0.26 watts of energy when not in use and 2.24 watts when connected to your phone. Alone, one charger won’t make much impact, but collectively energy vampires can be responsible for 10% of your energy bill. So, unplug your chargers when not in use.
- Use LED Bulbs: In 2014, manufacturers stopped producing 60-watt and 40-watt incandescent light bulbs. Halogen bulbs, compact fluorescent lamps and light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs offer longer lasting light and are more energy efficient than your old incandescent bulbs. Since the average home uses 40 bulbs, switching over to greener bulbs is a great way to save on your electrical bill.
- Turn Off the Lights: Lighting accounts for about 12% of a typical residential utility bill. Make sure to turn them off if they aren’t in use.
The lower a home scores on RESNET’S HERS (Home Energy Rating) Index, the more energy efficient it is. A standard new home that’s built to meet the current Energy Conservation Code will score a HERS Index of 100. New Jagoe homes score an average of 64, making them at least 36 percent more efficient than a standard new home and at least 66 percent more efficient than a used home.
Jagoe Homes 2018 Instagram Contest Rules & Regulations
Jagoe Homes is hosting an Instagram Contest for users who follow the Jagoe Homes Instagram Account and Comment on This Post. The contest will run from November 6th – 16th, 2018. The winner of the contest will be drawn at Noon on November 16th, 2018.
Rules & Regulations
- Contestant must be 18 years or older.
- Contestant must use a personal Instagram account. No business pages qualify.
- Contestant/Winner must have a primary residence in the areas which Jagoe Homes builds. This includes Southern Indiana, Western Kentucky and Louisville areas.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Amazon.
- One winner will receive a Echo Show (2nd Gen) courtesy of Jagoe Homes.
Instagram users who followed Jagoe Homes prior to this contest are still eligible, but they must comment on the post to win. All contestants must comment on the post to win.