Lindsey Jagoe Highlighted in the Home Builders Association of Kentucky Member Profile
Lindsey Jagoe is our Regional Sales Manager in Louisville, Kentucky. As the Home Builders Association of Kentucky (HBAK) puts it, Lindsey, “does not fit the mold of a sales manager for a home building company that is firmly planted in multiple markets and has received national recognition for its energy-efficient building practices.”
Well, no offense to HBAK, but we think that Lindsey broke the mold for a sales manager. Lindsey brings a fresh look on management, while still technically learning how to be a leader. When she took on this position within Jagoe Homes, she knew that she was going to have to forge her own path. She, along with her soon-to-be husband, Brent Vorst, who is in charge of Jagoe Homes’ Land Acquisitions, took the plunge and moved to Louisville in the Summer of 2016.
Currently, we have a Model Home in Glenmary Commons, a garden home community located off of Bardstown Road that offers maintenance-free living at its finest. Soon we will also add another community, Brook Stone Estates to the Louisville market. Of course, Jagoe Homes also offers the option to build your new home where you want.
This year will be Jagoe Homes’ first year in Homerama, in Catalpa Farms, where we will be featuring one our our new Luxury Home plans. This annual tour takes you through dream homes in one of the city’s newest developments, carefully planned to provide the feel of living with nature while enjoying the latest in home design and technology.
The HBAK articles goes on to explain that Lindsey, “is among the fourth generation of her family to work for the company. She grew up immersed in home building, hanging out on job sites, and sketching out floor plans. She’s also lived in several Jagoe-built homes.” Lindsey has her bachelor’s degree from Transylvania University in Lexington, and went on to get her masters degree in Urban Planning from UCLA.
Lindsey and Brent will admit to you that they enjoyed their time in California. However, they unanimously agree that it was not their favorite place to live. They found their way back home to Kentucky. “In Los Angeles, she saw the impact a lot of affordable housing can have firsthand. She’s since watched the problem spread across the country. ‘That is something that drove me back to Jagoe [Homes],’ she said. ‘We build in a lot of different price points, and many of our customers are first-time home buyers. I think it’s important to provide that first home for people to start investing… I definitely had a lot of idealistic dreams about urban planning, and I have been trying to figure out how to mesh those with the real-world realities of sales and marketing.'”
Let me just tell you, from a true insiders perspective of Lindsey, she’s a truly remarkable person. She’s kind, and hopeful and her laugh is simply contagious – and this is just to coworkers and family! Imagine how she is to a complete stranger! The term “over and beyond” envelopes her drive for success and happiness, not necessarily for herself, but for those complete strangers that show up at her model home, eager to purchase a new Jagoe home for themselves.
That’s probably why Lindsey and her team are seeing such success in Glenmary Commons. Everyone they encounter, whether they purchase a home or not, at the very least leaves with a smile. Hopefully, you’re the next one to have the pleasure of meeting Lindsey Jagoe.
Contact your New Home Sales Consultants in Louisville today!
6 Ways to be Home with Jagoe in a Seller’s Market – 2018 Housing Market Trends
What is a seller’s market? Simply put, it’s a market where there are more home buyers than sellers. Based on basic laws of supply and demand, this means that sellers have the upper hand. You will likely sell your used home quickly, perhaps even for over asking price, with minimum argument or push-back from the buyer. Here’s what buyers need to know about a seller’s market and how to survive them.
- Home prices are rising in U.S. cities, and inventory is tight, meaning that there just aren’t enough homes to go around. When you think about it, even though the number of homes being built has increased over the past ten years, it has not kept up with the population growth.
- Where are the hottest seller’s markets? The main metric used when evaluating housing markets is home price appreciation. With the greater imbalance of supply and demand, the price appreciation will get faster. Generally, when there’s an increase in the number of people moving to a town, demand for housing begins to exceed supply. Just as well, an influx of new companies and jobs can fuel population growth that turns areas into seller’s markets.
- The term “Housing Starts” refers to the number of new homes on which builders have started construction in any particular month. Because new construction directly affects supply, a decrease in housing starts can result in a seller’s market. See what the new construction trends are in Owensboro, Bowling Green, Louisville and Evansville.
- Are you in a true seller’s market? Home buyers and sellers can evaluate whether they’re in a buys or sellers market by a few variables.
- Average days on market (DOM): This measurment shows the median age of real estate listings in your area. If homes are selling in your neighborhood in about ten days, then it’s a strong seller’s market. You can find what the average DOM is in your city using this Local Market Trends tool.
- The asking price vs. the final home price: In seller’s markets, bidding wars can often irrupt among buyers, which means sellers may enjoy a final sales price that’s equal to their asking price. So, if a home is listed at $450,000 and sells for $450,000, $460,000, or higher, that’s a seller’s market. In a strong seller’s market, the final sales price is typically at least 10% higher than the asking price.
- Home prices over time: Rising home prices over time is a sure sign of a seller’s market.
- Buying a home in a seller’s market means that you need to be competitive. Make sure to get a mortgage pre-approval letter before you start shopping so that a seller knows that you are serious. You may also have to waive some contingencies to edge out other buyers.
6 Ways to Be Home with Jagoe
- Did you know? From start to finish, Jagoe will complete the home of your dreams in 120 days! View our Building Process.
- Want to know? What kind of monthly payment gets you into your new dream home? A visit to our website helps you find out fast! Check out our Finance Options.
- Is your credit dinged? Our pros know how to help hardworking people get the home they deserve. It starts on our website. Yes, we make it that painless! Help to Improve Credit.
- Love interior design? Want to be the interior design decision maker? Building a Jagoe home gives you limitless options. Visit our website for ideas! Pick Your Options.
- Can’t wait? You don’t have to. We have beautiful, brand new homes all ready for you to move in. Find one in your community by visiting our website! Ready to Move-In Now.
- Want to save up to $30,000? We have gorgeous, band new homes all ready for you to move-in, and you’ll save big! Pick a Bunch of Savings.
Do you need help financing your new Jagoe Home? Visit our website for First Time Homebuyer Help, our Mortgage Center, Home Loan Learning Center, and Down Payment Assistance, or learn about our SureTrade Program!
Move In and Play Outside!
- Save Thousands When You Purchase a Beautiful, New Ready to Move-In Jagoe Home*
- Save Thousands When You Design and Build a New Jagoe Home••
When you PURCHASE a Beautiful,
New Ready to Move-In Jagoe Home,
GET these Incentives!*
- Up to $2000 Closing Costs**
- Buy More Save More on Personalized Options***
- Reduced pricing on select Ready to Move-In Homes****
- A $1000 Build Smart Jagoe Incentive*****
When you design and BUILD a Beautiful, New Jagoe Home, you GET these Incentives!*
- Up to $2000 Closing Costs**
- Buy More Save More on Personalized Options****
Let’s Get Started
* Indicates a required field.
PLUS….Visit a Model Home and
Register for a chance to WIN $1000!******
*Ready to Move-In Homes must be purchased by June 20, 2018. New Builds require all contingencies to be satisfied and home under construction by June 30, 2018. Other restrictions may apply, contact a Jagoe New Home Consultant for complete details. Must use Jagoe Home’ approved lender, and meet all lender requirements.
** Up to $2,000.00 in closing costs based on using Jagoe Homes’ approved lender. Pre-paids not included. Must use Jagoe Home’ approved lender, and meet all lender requirements.
*** Save up to 20% on Personalized Options for your home, excluding Room Additions, Bonus Rooms, Basement, and 3rd Bay Garages. Must use Jagoe Home’ approved lender, and meet all lender requirements.
**** Qualify for reduced pricing on select Ready to Move-In Homes purchased and closed by June 30, 2018. Must use Jagoe Homes’ approved lender, and meet all lender requirement.
***** Up to $1,000.00 can be applied towards Pre-Paids or Temporary Interest Buy-Down. Must use Jagoe Homes’ approved lender FBC Mortgage, and meet all lender requirements.
Central Park of Owensboro VIP Sneak Peek and Realtor Grand Opening Events See Great Turnout
Central Park is home to our beautiful garden home series – perfect for empty nesters. Future and current home owners of Central Park, located centrally in Owensboro, attended the VIP Sneak Peek event on March 22nd. They were given the opportunity to be the first to tour our brand new, full-furnished Model Home, featuring the Legion plan! We also opened up our two Move-In Ready homes to tour, one of which features our other plan in this series, the Moreland. VIP Attendees also qualified for a $1,000 Personalized Option Upgrade towards their new Jagoe Home.
Realtors and affiliates were also invited to tour the Model Home on March 27th to network with colleagues and to get their first look at the new neighborhood for their clients. Realtors earned Realtor Rewards points for attending the event, and they were also entered into a drawing for a new iPhone X – Congratulations to Chad Day with Triple Crown Realty Group! Both events saw a great turnout and were considered huge successes!
Central Park centers on living life with ease, simplicity, and more time to enjoy with friends and family. With that in mind, Jagoe Homes proudly presents this new garden home community in Central Owensboro. Located in an area conveniently adjacent to shopping, dining, entertainment, healthcare facilities, and community events, Central Park is ideally suited for your active lifestyle. Central Park offers two beautiful, customizable floor plans, facades and elevations for your Energy Smart Home. And of course, all Brand New Jagoe Homes include a 2/10 Home Buyers Warranty!
Secure your home site in Central Park today by contacting your Jagoe New Home Sales Consultant!
A View from the Top of Downtown Living – a True Resident’s Perspective
There’s nothing quite like living in Downtown Owensboro. It’s everything that I love – the people, the hustle and bustle, the parks, the events, the nightlife and the restaurants. It’s a beautiful thing to be able to walk twenty feet to your front door after having a few at the local watering hole after work. Life is just simpler walking to church or your friends house or, in the most ideal circumstance, even your job. Who doesn’t need that little bit of extra exercise on a warm, sunny day on a stroll down by the river or playing with your children at the park? That’s probably why I couldn’t imagine myself living outside of this downtown setting.
City and country living are not as opposite as you think. In fact, I believe Downtown Owensboro blends the best of both worlds. What do you envision when you think of quaint suburban life? Pleasant neighborhood parks almost always come to mind. For some, this contrasts with their vision of city life as living in a concrete jungle. Owensboro is home to the world-renowned Smothers Park on the riverfront, which displays a couple infamous concrete trees that actually double as a handicapped access bridge on the playground. There is something for everyone to do downtown – take a look around the next time you’re there!
You can also get a bit of country tranquility from living and working at higher altitudes. Downtown Owensboro is vibrant and offers continuous action and movement. While most of the time this is exciting and enjoyable, we all seek a retreat to spend time alone or in a quiet place. Taller buildings allow you to rise above the din – literally, taking solace in a home above the street level.
If you do happen to find yourself becoming a city dweller, try to remember how enticing your downtown home is for friends and family to visit. Rather than lamenting another trip to the sleepy suburbs, those closest to you can’t wait to come back! Once they arrive, you’ll have endless opportunities to show them new corners of the Owensboro you love. From aforementioned parks to the famed International Bluegrass Museum and unique shopping experiences, the downtown life puts you in the heart of it all.
Sure, I enjoy the weekend getaway to the country side or the lake just as much as anyone else, but it’s the excitement of Downtown Owensboro that I like to call home. It’s here that I walk my dog, I take my nieces and nephews to play at the park, I walk to dinner with my family, I entertain business associates at the restaurant around the corner, I visit with friends on the riverfront and often just visit with myself and my labrador as I watch the barges tug by.
I have a lot of skeptics who ask me why in the world I would want to live in Downtown Owensboro, and maybe I can’t convince everyone, but I have certainly convinced many who are tired of mowing their front yard. I have friends that visit from Nashville and Lexington and the like. I take them onto our rooftop during the Air Show to watch the jets fly overhead, and their eyes widen. I take them down to Friday After 5 for free summer concerts, and they dance. I make them stand in line for twenty minutes to get a chicken that’s been barbecued for five hours at BBQ Fest, and they get back in line for more. “I like it here,” they say.
No offense to my big-city buddies, but the reason they like it in Downtown Owensboro so much is because they get a more intimate taste of what they experience in their own city every day. You get to live in a downtown setting without the traffic or the crime or anxious feeling of getting somewhere that’s really close quickly and safely. There’s your feel-good feeling you were looking for. Now you feel home in downtown.
Now you too can experience what I love so much about Downtown Owensboro: Where Everything Happens! At Parkside 100, Jagoe Homes brings our reputation from award-winning design, experience, and quality homes to this historic elegant setting. Located at 100 Allen Street, the condominium suites offer beautiful architectural features such as wood-clad windows, hardwood floors, high ceilings, and a spacious, open-concept layout that’s perfect for any family. Modern features also adorn the homes with gourmet kitchens, embellished with beautiful granite countertops, travertine backslashes, custom cabinetry and premier luxury appliances.
Your neighborhood at Parkside 100 is a lively Downtown Owensboro experience. Whatever the occasion, or whatever your hunger, you will find eateries for every appetite. Step outside your door and explore the distinctively different and uniquely inspired shops of Downtown Owensboro. You will find yourself in the heart of the city’s premier community events because there is always something to do in downtown!
Move Up to the Luxury Suites at Parkside 100 and Enjoy Carefree Living in Downtown Owensboro!