5 Ways to “Chill Out” in J-Town this Summer – Jeffersontown, KY
Not only is Jeffersontown one of the best places to live in Kentucky, it is full of ways to chill out this summer! New homes in Louisville are popping up all over the place, but J-Town has its own special vibe. Events such as the Gaslight Festival and the J-Town Summer Craft Beer Festival are full weekend-long fun! Enjoy a stroll in the Charlie Vettiner Park or indulge in J-Town’s many unique restaurants. Plus, there are plenty of kid-friendly spots in Jeffersontown to enjoy with the whole family!
Jeffersontown has a livability score of 79, which ranks better than 92% of areas. With low crime rates and excellent schools, this city is perfect for growing families. While those factors are certainly important when searching for your new home in Louisville, amenities can be a perfect final touch to your new home search. J-Town is FULL of amenities for your family to enjoy, which is why this city is considered one of the best places to live in Louisville!
Top 5 Ways to Enjoy J-Town this Summer:
- FESTIVALS! The J-Town Summer Craft Beer Festival will be held on June 29th from 4-8 PM in the heart of Jeffersontown at the Pavilion. This event features more than 50 craft breweries, hard ciders and sodas, wines, food trucks and live music. The Chamber Jeffersontown‘s staple summer event, the Gaslight Festival, is the 5th largest festival in the region! Centered in Gaslight Square, the festival has evolved into a eight-day extravaganza that has become a time-honored tradition of Jeffersontown. The festival now hosts a motorcycle rally, car show, golf scramble, 5K, parade, balloon glow, children’s playground, live entertainment and over 200 arts, crafts and commercial booths. The Gaslight Festival will be the held on September 8th – 15th, with the main festival weekend being the 13th-15th!
- FOOD! With so many restaurant options, J-Town will accommodate even the pickiest eater! 3rd Turn Brewing is a perfect spot to share drinks and conversations in a comfortable and laid back atmosphere. BoomBozz taphouse serves up delicious craft pizza and sandwiches. FDKY is the spot for BBQ in J-Town! Their menu has all the right dishes and fixin’s, and is full of what you need when craving some good BBQ in Louisville. It has everything from our Award Winning Barbecue to Ribs, Brisket or Fish on Fridays! Mac’s Dough House has a unique selection of loaded mac & cheese plates – YUM! Recbar is a local’s favorite as a place to enjoy some unique grub, tasty libations and friendly competition in classic games. That’s right – this restaurant is a bar-cade with video games, pinball machines and other games! If you’re wanting more of a upscale, date-night spot, try Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen and Grill. Charr’d is a culinary experience designed to give its guests a true taste of Kentucky, while highlighting one of its greatest creations, Bourbon! It has been recognized as one of “America’s 55 Best Bourbon Bars” by The Bourbon Review, and awarded “Great Bourbon Bar of America” by American Bourbon Association.
- PARKS! The Jeffersontown Memorial Park is the perfect place to take the family on a summer day! The park is located on 25 beautiful acres and offers open green spaces that are ideal for recreational activities as well as a TWO playgrounds and a walking trail. The Charlie Vettiner Park is another fantastic space to exercise, walk, play disc golf and have a picnic!
- KID-FRIENDLY! The Jeffersontown Historical Museum is a neighborhood history museum. On display are photographs, textiles, rare books, and costumes once owned by residents of Jeffersontown. The museum also has a rotating exhibit that changes approximately every six months. If you are wanting something active to do on a rainy day, there is a Sky Zone indoor trampoline park in the neighborhood! You can purchase tickets online for an Open Jump or the Glow Zone.
- LIVE in J-TOWN! Find your new home in Jeffersontown at Brook Stone Estates, a Jagoe Homes community! Brook Stone Estates warmly reflects the charm and energy of our beloved Jeffersontown – with beautiful parks, the Farmers Market Pavilion and historic downtown J-Town, all just minutes away. As you’re searching for a new home builder in Louisville, consider a Jagoe Home in J-Town!
Live in your new Jagoe Home in J-Town in Brook Stone Estates – Connect with your new home builder in Louisville today!
Choose from a variety of home plans, including a ranch-style plan and several two-story plans that both fits your budget and your family’s needs. There are a limited number of home sites that can also accommodate an in-ground or walk-out basement! Brook Stone Estates also offers Craftsman and Farmhouse exteriors to show off your personal style with curb appeal.