5 Ways to “Chill Out” in J-Town this Summer – Jeffersontown, KY
Not only is Jeffersontown one of the best places to live in Kentucky, it is full of ways to chill out this summer! New homes in Louisville are popping up all over the place, but J-Town has its own special vibe. Events such as the Gaslight Festival and the J-Town Summer Craft Beer Festival are full weekend-long fun! Enjoy a stroll in the Charlie Vettiner Park or indulge in J-Town’s many unique restaurants. Plus, there are plenty of kid-friendly spots in Jeffersontown to enjoy with the whole family!
Jeffersontown has a livability score of 79, which ranks better than 92% of areas. With low crime rates and excellent schools, this city is perfect for growing families. While those factors are certainly important when searching for your new home in Louisville, amenities can be a perfect final touch to your new home search. J-Town is FULL of amenities for your family to enjoy, which is why this city is considered one of the best places to live in Louisville!
Top 5 Ways to Enjoy J-Town this Summer:
- FESTIVALS! The J-Town Summer Craft Beer Festival will be held on June 29th from 4-8 PM in the heart of Jeffersontown at the Pavilion. This event features more than 50 craft breweries, hard ciders and sodas, wines, food trucks and live music. The Chamber Jeffersontown‘s staple summer event, the Gaslight Festival, is the 5th largest festival in the region! Centered in Gaslight Square, the festival has evolved into a eight-day extravaganza that has become a time-honored tradition of Jeffersontown. The festival now hosts a motorcycle rally, car show, golf scramble, 5K, parade, balloon glow, children’s playground, live entertainment and over 200 arts, crafts and commercial booths. The Gaslight Festival will be the held on September 8th – 15th, with the main festival weekend being the 13th-15th!
- FOOD! With so many restaurant options, J-Town will accommodate even the pickiest eater! 3rd Turn Brewing is a perfect spot to share drinks and conversations in a comfortable and laid back atmosphere. BoomBozz taphouse serves up delicious craft pizza and sandwiches. FDKY is the spot for BBQ in J-Town! Their menu has all the right dishes and fixin’s, and is full of what you need when craving some good BBQ in Louisville. It has everything from our Award Winning Barbecue to Ribs, Brisket or Fish on Fridays! Mac’s Dough House has a unique selection of loaded mac & cheese plates – YUM! Recbar is a local’s favorite as a place to enjoy some unique grub, tasty libations and friendly competition in classic games. That’s right – this restaurant is a bar-cade with video games, pinball machines and other games! If you’re wanting more of a upscale, date-night spot, try Charr’d Bourbon Kitchen and Grill. Charr’d is a culinary experience designed to give its guests a true taste of Kentucky, while highlighting one of its greatest creations, Bourbon! It has been recognized as one of “America’s 55 Best Bourbon Bars” by The Bourbon Review, and awarded “Great Bourbon Bar of America” by American Bourbon Association.
- PARKS! The Jeffersontown Memorial Park is the perfect place to take the family on a summer day! The park is located on 25 beautiful acres and offers open green spaces that are ideal for recreational activities as well as a TWO playgrounds and a walking trail. The Charlie Vettiner Park is another fantastic space to exercise, walk, play disc golf and have a picnic!
- KID-FRIENDLY! The Jeffersontown Historical Museum is a neighborhood history museum. On display are photographs, textiles, rare books, and costumes once owned by residents of Jeffersontown. The museum also has a rotating exhibit that changes approximately every six months. If you are wanting something active to do on a rainy day, there is a Sky Zone indoor trampoline park in the neighborhood! You can purchase tickets online for an Open Jump or the Glow Zone.
- LIVE in J-TOWN! Find your new home in Jeffersontown at Brook Stone Estates, a Jagoe Homes community! Brook Stone Estates warmly reflects the charm and energy of our beloved Jeffersontown – with beautiful parks, the Farmers Market Pavilion and historic downtown J-Town, all just minutes away. As you’re searching for a new home builder in Louisville, consider a Jagoe Home in J-Town!
Live in your new Jagoe Home in J-Town in Brook Stone Estates – Connect with your new home builder in Louisville today!
Choose from a variety of home plans, including a ranch-style plan and several two-story plans that both fits your budget and your family’s needs. There are a limited number of home sites that can also accommodate an in-ground or walk-out basement! Brook Stone Estates also offers Craftsman and Farmhouse exteriors to show off your personal style with curb appeal.
Sign Up for the Brook Stone Estates VIP List & Attend the Grand Opening on July 11th, 4-7 PM!
My Personal Jagoe Home Story: Week 17
At the Home Orientation, a Jagoe Care Representative will conduct a detailed demonstration of the home’s operation and a review of the owner’s maintenance responsibilities and warranties. The orientation is also another opportunity for Jagoe Homes to confirm with the homeowner that the home has been delivered with all construction work completed and selections installed as requested. This was my opportunity to identify possible cosmetic defects on cabinets, countertops and other things that are susceptible to damage after closing. After closing, there is no way to tell if cosmetic damage was caused during the construction process or was the result of damage incurred during the moving process. Jagoe Homes goal is to complete all items noted at the New Home Orientation prior to close of escrow. Generally, most are completed before homeowners move in. If there are any outstanding items when the closing date arrives Jagoe Homes coordinates completion of the work in much the same way a warranty request would be handled.
After I close on my home, my contact for warranty issues is Cheryl, our Customer Service Administrator.
Jagoe Homes commitment to Customer Satisfaction continues after closing by offering a full-time Customer Service and Warranty Department. Service requests can be submitted online, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone 800-264-4663.
Another important step in the building process that comes before closing is a Blower Door Test.
Simply put, a Blower Door Test is a fan-and-pressure-based test performed by a certified rater to measure the “leakiness” of a home. Every new Jagoe Home receives a Blower Door Test. It is required for the home to meet the energy code through the performance method.
After the Blower Door Test is completed, the certified rater will submit the results to their Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Provider. The rater then registers the home with RESNET. An energy packet is supplied to the rater, who then delivers it to Jagoe Homes. Then, Jagoe Homes will finally hand off to the homeowner.
This packet has relevant information specific to that home and should be kept with the warranty info. My home received a score of 62. The lower a home scores on RESNET’S HERS (Home Energy Rating) Index, the more energy efficient it is. A standard new home that’s built to meet the current Energy Conservation Code will score a HERS Index of 100. New Energy Smart, Jagoe Homes score an average of 64, making them at least 36 percent more efficient than a standard new home and at least 66 percent more efficient than a used home.
It is highly recommended that all homeowners keep and maintain this packet. The RESNET value may be represented in an appraisal, and positively effect mortgage values and rates in the future. In fact, it is already affecting appraisals and mortgages in some coastal states, and working its way inward. This could help the homeowner when they sell their home in the future, or even refinance when the high performance value is more universally and officially recognized on government documents.
All Jagoe Homes are backed by a 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty!
With the purchase of your new home, you receive a copy of the structural home warranty contract. The contract explains what is covered as well as a maintenance booklet to give you tips on how to care for your home. In addition, the warranty is fully-transferable, which increases the resale value of your home.
What is covered in the 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty?
- 10 full years of structural defect coverage for load-bearing components.
- 2 full years of systems surety coverage against defects in wiring, piping, and ductwork in electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling, ventilating, and mechanical systems.
- 1 full year of surety coverage against defects in workmanship and materials
It is important to remember to keep your finances in order right before closing.
My lender, which is also Jagoe Homes’ preferred lender, FBC Mortgage, and my loan officer were FANTASTIC at keeping in contact with me. It was hard for me not to go out and purchase furniture (decorating is my favorite), but I resisted temptation before my closing!
Finally, we CLOSED! Now for the big move…
From start to finish, my home took 119 days to build.
2019 Parade of Homes – Jagoe Homes – Evansville, IN
Tour new Jagoe Homes in the 2019 Parade of Homes, presented by the Southwestern Indiana Builders Association (SIBA) in Evansville and Newburgh, Indiana! This scattered home site tour gives you the opportunity to view a life-size brochure of new homes in Southern Indiana throughout Vanderburgh, Warrick, Gibson and Posey counties from June 1st – 9th.
2019 Parade of Homes Tour Dates
Saturdays & Sundays • 1:00-6:00 PM
Mon, Wed, Thurs, & Fri • 5:00-8:00 PM
CLOSED • Tuesday, June 4th
Jagoe Homes will be opening SIX of our Homes, for the 68th annual Parade of Homes! Whether you are searching for that perfect floor plan, gathering home improvement ideas, adding to your interior design or landscaping idea book, or just having fun with your family and friends – the tour is free and enjoyable for everyone! Print out a Tour Map or see the Parade List to make touring homes even more convenient.
Tour Jagoe Homes on Parade
• Numbered by order in which they appear on the Tour •
While you tour our homes, keep in mind…
All Jagoe Homes are built Energy Smart, meaning that they actually help save the environment and SAVE MONEY! Having a home that is energy efficient eliminates drafty doors and windows, along with poor insulation and inefficient heating and cooling systems, which ultimately leads to energy loss. We work closely with RESNET (Residential Energy Services Network) to achieve high ratings from the organization. The lower a home scores on RESNET’s HERS (Home Energy Rating) Index, the more energy efficient the home is. A standard new home that is built to meet the current Energy Conservation Code will score a HERS Index rating of 100, while our new Energy Smart Jagoe Homes score an average of 64.
Note some of our returning features, as well as some new features such as…
Detailed craftsman inspired elevations, gourmet kitchens with over-sized islands, stylish subway tile, granite and quartz countertops, open shelving, butler’s pantry, a minimal threshold ceramic shower, free standing tubs, spacious walk-in closets, expansive owner’s suites with luxury baths, stone and shiplap fireplaces, ceiling concepts, drop zones, separate laundry areas, spacious lofts, large storage areas, custom wainscoting, 3-car garages, covered patios, brick, stone, composition and shaker accents on the exteriors, and beautiful landscaping with fully-sodded lawns. With these features, we combine all of the essentials with an abundance of stylish touches. From a young family just starting out to empty nesters, each Jagoe Home is beautiful inside and out!
Please visit the SIBA 2019 Parade of Homes Website for more details and to download the Parade Map.
Join Us on the Jagoe Homes Patio Stage at Friday After 5!
Friday After 5 is Where the Weekend Begins! Join us every Friday during the 16-week, free concert series on the Jagoe Homes Patio Stage at the RiverPark Center for family fun in Owensboro, Kentucky! This award-winning, summer-long festival celebrates its 23rd season with more than 60 bands and adding another new event and venue to the Friday night party series.
The Friday After 5 season begins on May 17th, and will continue until August 30th, which is Labor Day weekend. Join us at the Jagoe Homes Patio Stage to “toast the sunset” and grab some free, Jagoe Homes giveaways EVERY Friday during the season!
Friday After 5, 2019 Season Highlights:
- More than 60 bands and entertainers performing this season, including several new bands performing on the Jagoe Homes Patio Stage on the BB&T Plaza at the RiverPark Center, overlooking the Ohio River!
- The Atmos Energy Courtyard will again feature acoustic entertainment all sixteen Fridays.
- The Kroger Street Fair will feature sixteen different themes and host a dozen food trucks. YUM!
- The Women’s Hospital of Deaconess and Ruoff Home Mortgage have teamed up to bring a great line-up of party bands to The Kentucky Legend Pier at the Owensboro Convention Center.
- Glenn Family Services will sponsor seven, free Gospel on the River and Worship on the Water concert series in Cannon Hall along with the new Movie Night at the Museum series in the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum‘s Woodward Theatre.
- Friday After 5 will host “Class PreUnions” again at no charge throughout the season.
- The KWC FA5k race, Hall’s Lighted Boat Parade and weekly appearances by TD’s Costume Characters will join Have a Nice Day Mobile Entertainments’ free FA5 Foto Booth.
All events are FREE!
The Jagoe Homes Patio Stage features a live dance band each week. The City of Owensboro helps to kick off the Friday After 5 “Shake, Rattle & Stroll” 2019 season on May 17th on Non-Profit Night. From Paris will be playing current pop to classic rock from 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM on the Jagoe Homes Patio Stage at the RiverPark Center. Hayley Payne offers country acoustic from 7:00 PM -10:00 PM in the Atmos Energy Courtyard. The 202nd Army Band Fallout will rock The Kentucky Legend Pier, sponsored by The Woman’s Hospital of Deaconess from 8:00 PM – 11:30 PM, located at the Owensboro Convention Center. Also, please join us at the Non-Profit Block Party at the Kroger Street Fair. Special character Princess Poppi will be out and about that night, courtesy of TD’s Tuff Decisions. Plus, free balloon animals created by Owensboro Twisters and the FA5 Free Foto Booth, courtesy of Have A Nice Day Mobile Entertainment! New to Friday After 5 this season is Glenn’s Movie Night At The Museum showing Grease (1978) for their season opener at the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum. The US Bank t-shirt cannon will be sending special t-shirts into the crowd, and don’t forget the free popcorn! Friday After 5 is the 2018 Platinum Award Winner for Community Event. Join us for some free, family fun!
Fun. Friends. Family. Free. Friday After 5 – It’s Where the Weekend Begins!
2019 Tour of New Homes – Louisville, KY
Join Jagoe Homes for the 2019 Tour of New Homes, presented by the Builder Industry Association (BIA) in Louisville, Kentucky! The Glenmary Commons Model Home is “House 1” on the Tour, and our BRAND NEW Brook Stone Estates community in J-Town is “House 2” on the Tour. The scattered site Tour will showcase new homes in a variety of locations and price ranges and is the perfect starting place for anyone planning to purchase a new home or build one in the future!
The Tour of New Homes is a FREE event that will feature new construction homes and new home communities throughout the Louisville area. The Tour of New Homes will be open from Noon – 6 PM on both days, May 18th – 19th.
House 1: Glenmary Commons – 3 BD / 2 BA / 2-Car Garage – 10107 Long Home Road Louisville, KY 40291
Jagoe Homes’ Glenmary Commons, located on Bardstown Road, offers maintenance-free living at its finest. Your luxurious new Jagoe Home is close to shopping, dining, parks, golf courses and many more exciting activities. At Glenmary Commons you can also enjoy many built-in features such as: Luxurious Cabinetry Upgrades, Granite Countertops in the kitchen, Ceramic Walk-In Shower in Owner’s Bath, Engineered Hardwood Flooring throughout main living areas, Ceramic Flooring in baths and laundry, Fully-Bricked Home (Front, Back & Sides) Smooth Ceilings, and an abundance of Recessed Lighting throughout.
House 2: Brook Stone Estates – 4 BD / 2.5 BA / 3-Car Garage – 10331 Truman Way Jeffersontown, KY 40299
Brook Stone Estates warmly reflects the charm and energy of our beloved Jeffersontown – with beautiful parks, the Farmers Market Pavilion, historic downtown J-Town, all just minutes away. Brook Stone Estates offers 2-Story & 1-Story, ENERGY SMART Homes, including UNFINISHED IN-GROUND BASEMENTS. And of course, all Brand New Jagoe Homes include a 2/10 Home Buyers Warranty.
Download the ParadeCraze App on your Smart Phone for the Tour of New Homes: