We moved into our Jagoe home at the end of September in Bluegrass Commons. We worked with Mary and Shawna to get our perfect lot, choose our home, fixtures and finishes. These two ladies were fantastic people to work with. They had a wealth of knowledge and were very helpful in the design process. I was onsite every single day of construction to keep track of progress and point out anything I considered unacceptable, We are pretty happy in the end.
1. The framing crew is amazing that puts the house up. They are quick and thorough and from what I can tell do a great job.
2. The mechanical crews did a good job also. This is electric, water, sewer, HVAC.
3. Drywall hangers and mud crew did a good job on all the walls.
4. The contractors that did the cabinets, trim, door installation did a good job also.
5. Our luxury vinyl looks fantastic, however we have already had to have some repairs. Jagoe schedules floors to go in before other items and the vinyl ends up with small tears, dents, scratches in it. This is due to how fast each crew rushes to get in and out to move on to the next job. Carpet is another story, we have a place or two where I can almost see the subfloor next to the trim because they rushed so fast and didn’t do a good installation (I’ll be calling about this still). It was almost like they didn’t even attempt to stretch the carpet to get it hooked on the tack strips.
5. I don’t want to discuss paint, but we will. The flat Sherwin Williams paint that is used is crap and does not cover well. They put up 2 coats, then when there is a flaw, they fix it and touch it up. I could see so many touch ups that I had to make them put a 3rd coat on several walls. This paint is so easy to scratch and get dirty, it is ridiculous. Let’s also talk about the painters, they do not clean the walls before painting it appears, there was so much dirt and debris in the paint that the walls looked textured in places. I am still seeing spots around the house that have primer bleeding thru because of such poor painting.
6. The worst is the concrete. Pretty sure the contractor that is used in this neighborhood is the worst in the area and probably the cheapest. They don’t believe in a level as I have seen MANY sections of sidewalk ripped out and redone because the slope is wrong. I have a spot in my garage where water runs towards the corner and into a crack between the block wall and floor instead of out the door like it should. I also have NUMEROUS cracks all over my garage floor. One is presently about 1/8” wide and I’m sure will only get worse. I have since filled them and epoxy coated my floor to cover it up. The brush texture is WAY to inconsistent. You can see where they started and stopped brush strokes halfway across the pad.
I will say though that the products installed (faucets/towel racks/counter tops/appliances) are all of great quality and are all name brands we know of.
If you are not OCD like I am about expecting close to perfection, then Jagoe is for you. If you expect high quality finishes and something better than average then find a better builder who uses better subcontractors that take pride in their work.