Why should energy efficiency matter to you?
Having an Energy Smart Jagoe Home is good for the environment AND good for your bank account. Drafty doors and windows, along with poor insulation and inefficient heating and cooling systems will lead to energy loss. An energy-efficient home provides your family with year-round comfort and you with peace of mind knowing you have contributed directly to reducing carbon and greenhouse emissions now and for future generations. The annual energy savings really add up while you own your Jagoe Home. Plus, energy-efficient homes are worth more and bring a higher resale value than their less-efficient counterparts.
How does Jagoe Homes build houses that are energy efficient from the floor up?
Your energy efficient Jagoe Home starts with our advanced design, quality construction, and proven ability to exceed traditional standards of energy efficiency. We work closely with RESNET (Residential Energy Services Network) to achieve optimum efficiency ratings. This is important to you because the lower a home scores on the HERS (Home Energy Rating) Index, the more energy efficient it is. A standard new home built to meet the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) will score a HERS Index of 100. New Jagoe Homes score an average of 62! This makes them at least 38% more efficient than a standard new home and at least 68% more efficient than the average used home.
HERS® (Home Energy Rating System) INDEX
*Based on the US Department of Energy definition of HERS index of 130. This information presented for educational purposes only. Savings are average estimates based on Jagoe Homes’ top five selling plans. Savings will vary based on house type, orientation, house size, utility rates, climate and operations of the home.
How Jagoe Homes exceeds the “Standard”:
- An airtight home caulking and foaming around windows, top plates, vents, ceiling fixtures, doors, and house-wrap
- Energy efficient, low-E insulated windows and doors
- Effective insulation on inside walls (R-15), ceilings (R-38) and conditioned spaces
- Highly efficient heating (92%+) and cooling (14 SEER+) systems with programmable thermostats
- Properly insulated and sealed duct work
- Energy efficient appliances
- Tank-less hot water heater and insulated PEX water pipes
- Fresh air ventilation system
- Proper ventilation throughout the home
- Engineered and fully insulated foundation system
Want more information on how an energy efficient home
will save money on utility bills?
Compare and SAVE on ENERGY SMART™ Jagoe Homes!
|Home Type||Existing Home||New Home||Brand New Jagoe|
ENERGY SMART™ Home**
|Annual Savings||$ 0||$1,008.00||$1,368.00|